Who can help?

Issues with alcohol

CGL Inspire provide local counselling advice and support for people affected by alcohol abuse/dependency. Please contact them directly in order to obtain further information about service delivery.

CGL Inspire (Burnley Office) 
East Lancs Integrated Substance Misuse 
Burnley House, 37 – 41 Westgate, Burnley, BB11 1RY

Telephone: 01282 644644 
Fax: 01282 441718

Alcoholics Anonymous: 0845 7697555 (24-hour helpline) 

Drinksense is a registered charity providing counselling, information and support for people with alcohol-related problems with their carers and families.

Drugs Advisory Service

Young Addaction: CVS Building 62-64 Yorkshire Street, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 3BT.

Telephone Freephone 0808 164 0074 

Lancashire Drug and Alcohol Action Team can help drug users and their family and friends to find out where to go for help and advice in their area. 

Telephone: 01772 777065 
The Minerva Health Centre, Lowthorpe Road, Preston, PR1 6SB

UK National Drugs Helpline: 0800 77 66 00 
The National Drugs Helpline is a 24-hour, seven-days a week, free and confidential telephone service that offers advice and information for those who are concerned, or have questions, about drugs. The service is available to anyone.

Youth Offending Team

Lancashire Youth Offending Team works with 10-17 year olds and their families and carers, who may be:

  • Referred to us by the Police following an offence for which they received a final warning
  • Going through the courts
  • Placed under supervision as part of a community custodial sentence
  • Referred by a case conference called in response to anti-social behaviour
  • Identified as being at risk of offending