We can collect ‘bulky’ items that cannot be put out in the normal refuse.
Charges for household Bulky Waste Collections
If you have bulky household waste collections you would like collecting a single charge of £13.80 will be made for one collection of up to 4 items.
The exception is ‘white goods’ (e.g., a fridge, cooker or washing machine). These items have a charge of £13.80 each.
Examples of what can be collected:
- a 3-piece suite is classed as three items
- carpets (one carpet must be manageable by 2 people, otherwise it should be cut into pieces, rolled and tied
- underlays are classed as a separate item to carpets
- bedroom suites (each item of the suite should be listed separately)
- only items that you have listed will be removed, any additions must be made as a separate request.
The general rule is, if you would take it with you when you move house, it is likely to be suitable for this service.
Examples of what we cannot collect:
- domestic waste either loose or bagged
- gas bottles
- bags of rubble
- cast iron material
- fence panels
- concrete posts
- car/motorbike parts
- garage doors/window frames
- garden waste e.g. trees
- fluid containers e.g. drums
- large gates
- wire fencing and large fire surrounds
- general builders waste
- doors – internal and external
- any bathroom or kitchen fittings.