What is our role?
It’s about you feeling safe, whether at home, in the street or at work. It relates to quality of life and being able to pursue and obtain the fullest benefit from domestic, social and economic life without fear of crime and disorder.
All members of the community have a role in to play in community safety, whether it be a business, an agency, a resident or a visitor.
The Community Safety Team will work with you to help you cope with the impact of anti-social behaviour and live your life without fear or retribution.
How do we deliver Community Safety?
Burnley Borough Council’s Community Safety Team:
- Takes a leading role (on behalf of the Council) in all Community Safety related issues
- Helps to deliver the Council’s strategic priorities
- Assists all Council Departments to deliver Community Safety and Crime Prevention initiatives
- Co-ordinates and supports Burnley’s Community Safety Partnership, including the development and management of the Community Safety Partnership Strategy
- Works with other agencies to develop Community Safety initiatives through Burnley’s Multi Agency Problem Solving Team (MAPS)