Street collection permit

How to apply

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in England or Wales, you require a street collection licence from us. Please complete the online form Street Collection Permit, refer to the street collection regulations & guidance for information. Don’t forget to submit your street collection returns form within 1 month of the event (see downloads).

We can only accept application forms which are accompanied by a letter of authority for the charity which you are collecting on behalf of. Please email the letter of authority to when you have completed the online application. please submit 1 month before the collection is due to take place.

If you are intending to visit public houses, you will need to complete a House to House application form too.

If you are engaging with the public with a view to setting up Direct Debit payments, you do not require a licence, however you still need to complete the application form and submit your letter of authority, so that we are aware.

How to complain about a street collection permit holder

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you – preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, please seek consumer advice from Citizens’ Advice.