Reporting an accident or workplace safety complaint

Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations

RIDDOR puts duties on employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises (the Responsible Person) to report certain serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and specified dangerous occurrences (near misses). For information on what, how and when to make reports please visit

Report a Workplace Safety Complaint

If you are concerned about health and safety at a workplace in Burnley you can contact Environmental Health.