Road Closures for Street Events

The Council is able to make orders for certain events which require the closure of streets. These events include processions, street parties and other activities of a festive nature. Orders will only be made where the highway authority, Lancashire County Council, have agreed the organisers’ traffic management and safety measures. For events on minor residential streets this is rarely a problem and for these we will require 4 weeks’ notice.  For events on main roads and those affecting bus routes we will require 3 months’ notice.

Please let us know what you’re planning by completing our event notification form. You’ll find it in the download sections below, You can print this off, complete, and send to us. Or you can save as your own document to your own computer, and when completed click submit to send it as an email attachment to

You can find information about organising safe events here.

The Government has produced a simple guide to help you plan and organise a street party and this includes a form for you to use to let us know about your plans.  Further advice is also available on the Streets Alive website

For sporting and entertainment events road closures can be made by Lancashire County Council. For these please contact the County Council at least 3 months before the event – click here for details or call 0300 123 6780.