The following link will provide access to basic planning information relating to applications made between 1974 and 1999.
- Open the Map in the drawings folder called Index.
- Note the reference number of the square area you are interested in. For example, central Padiham is 793.
- In the drawings folder, find the detailed area map. For example, if you are interested in a location in the North of square 793, you’d select 793 NW NE (i.e 793 Northwest and Northeast).
- Zoom in on the detailed map to find the specific location. For example, if you were interested in the planning application near Station Road, highlighted in red on the map, you’d make a note of the number 486.
- Now open the files folder to find the application you are interested in. So, in the example, you would open the sub folder called 72-794, because you are looking for the file relating to 793 NW NE (here is the file for the example, called 793N. In the example, you’d look up the reference number 486 to see that planning for a residential development was refused at that time.