Events and licensing

If you want to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ on unlicensed premises, you will need to apply for a ‘Temporary Events Notice’ or TEN.

Licensable activity includes selling alcohol, serving alcohol to members of a private club, providing entertainment, e.g. music, dancing or indoor sporting events, or serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am. Even if the event is on licensed premises, you may need to apply for a TEN if the event isn’t covered by your normal licence.

More information on applying for a TEN in Burnley.