Advice agencies in and around Burnley

Please find below a list of housing advice and support agencies in and around the Burnley area who may be able to assist you.

Citizens Advice Bureau

Calico Housing, Centenary Way, Croft St, Burnley BB11 2ED
General advice and assistance and also offer a debt advice service


Burnley House
37-41 Westgate
BB11 1RY

Tel: 01282 644644

Drug and alcohol services for adults (over 18 years old). This treatment service can support you, a family member or friend to recover from  substance misuse problems and provide support with housing, health or family issues. Citizens Advice Bureau.

Job Centre Plus

Lee-Moran House,
Victoria Street,
BB11 1DD
Tel: 0845 6043719

Help with looking for work, working age benefits or national insurance number applications. Job Centre Plus

For other social security benefits and national insurance number applications contact the Job Centre, Burnley Tel: 01282 473200.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service

For a FREE Home Fire Safety Check – call Free Phone 0800 169 1125. Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service

Open Door Furniture Recycling

Tel: 01282 452400
St Mary’s Church, 116 Manchester Road, Burnley – email

or 1 Great George Street, Colne – same phone number as above.

Open Door Furniture Recycling

Pennine Community Credit Union Ltd

48 St James’s Street, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 1NH

Tel: 01282 691333

Pennine Community Credit Union is an ethical not-for-profit financial co-operative specialising in providing savings and loans facilities.


Tel: 07866 510728

Specialist advice and support for victims of domestic abuse/violence

Relate – Lancashire

Tel: 01772 717597

Relate – Lancashire

Shelter Lancashire

Freephone national helpline: 0808 800 4444
(8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 8am-5pm Saturday-Sunday)

69 Preston New Road
Lancashire BB2 6AY
Tel: 0344 515 1831
Open Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm

Housing advice and tenancy rights services.

Samaritans (Pendle, Burnley, Craven and Rossendale)

Tel: 08457 909090
15 Market Square, Nelson


S.M.I.L.E mediation

Tel:01282 436989
School House, Smirthwaite St, Burnley

A free mediation service dealing with neighbour and community disputes. S.M.I.L.E mediation

Welfare Rights Service

Tel: 0845 053 0013 

Advice on benefit entitlement to and assistance in claiming benefits. Welfare Rights Service