The Council’s Dog Warden enforces various laws regarding dogs, stray dogs, dangerous dogs and dog fouling to improve the environment and tackle anti-social behaviour.
The Dog Warden will:
- Aim to respond to all reports of found dogs requiring collection on the same working day if received before 4:15pm.
- Respond to sightings of roaming dogs on any public land, where they are being a nuisance to the public, or presenting a danger in traffic.
- Collect all found dogs and keep them for a maximum of seven days so they can be reclaimed by their owner (subject to payment of a fee).
- Work with local re-homing charities to ‘place’ unclaimed dogs. We have an excellent record of successful home placements.
- Promote responsible dog ownership through talks with Primary School children and other groups
- Enforce dog-related legislation.