There are no vacancies at this time.
What is the Standards Committee?
The statutory functions of the Standards Committee include promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct for members, giving the Council advice on adopting a Local Code of Conduct, monitoring the effectiveness of the Code and training Members on the Code.
What does the Committee do?
- Promoting and maintaining high standards of conduct by Members and Co-opted Members
- Assisting Members and Co-opted Members to observe the Members’ Code of Conduct
- Advising the Council on the adoption or revision of the Members’ Code of Conduct
- Monitoring the operation of the Members’ Code of Conduct
- Member learning and development on the Members’ Code of Conduct
- Granting dispensations to Members and co-opted Members from requirements relating to interests set out in the Members Code of Conduct
- Deal with complaints about Members
- Monitor the Constitution and make recommendations to Council in respect of any proposed amendments
- Monitor the whistle blowing policy
- Monitor the Council’s Corporate Governance arrangements