Lancashire County Councillors

Most local council spending in Burnley is the responsibility of Lancashire County Council (LCC).

LCC supports the state primary and secondary schools, a sixth form centre, and runs social services, libraries, state funded youth services.

The County Council has the main responsibility for highways, including winter gritting, and for street lighting maintenance. 

County Councillors are elected every four years and are democratically accountable to residents in their electoral division. Their overriding duty is to the whole community of Lancashire, but they have a special duty to their constituents, including those who did not vote for them.

There are 6 county electoral divisions in the Borough of Burnley:-

  • Burnley Central East – which covers borough wards of Daneshouse with Stoneyholme, Brunshaw and part of Bank Hall.
  • Burnley Central West – which covers the borough wards of Whittlefield with Ightenhill, Trinity and part of Gannow.
  • Burnley North East – which covers the borough wards of Lanehead, Queensgate and part of Bank Hall.
  • Burnley Rural – which covers the borough wards of Briercliffe, Cliviger with Worsthorne and part of Rosehill with Burnley Wood.
  • Burnley South West – which covers the borough wards of Rosegrove with Lowerhouse, part of Rosehill with Burnley Wood, part of Coal Clough with Deerplay and part of Gannow.
  • Padiham and Burnley West – which covers the borough wards of Gawthorpe, Hapton with Park and part of Coal Clough with Deerplay.

Find out full details for all of Lancashire’s County Councillors. LCC’s site contains information on individual County Councillors, identifies who your Councillor is and outlines their responsibilities and contact details.