Certain types of businesses in designated rural areas may qualify for rate relief of 50%. These ‘rural areas’ are designated by the Government and the population must be less than 3,000.
Designated rural areas within the Borough of Burnley are:
- Worsthorne with Hurstwood
The businesses which qualify for the rate relief in these rural areas are:
- sole general store (rateable value no more than 8,500)
- sole post office (rateable value no more than 8,500)
- any food shop (rateable value no more than 8,500)
- sole pub (rateable value no more than 12,500)
- sole petrol filling station (rateable value no more than 12,500)
Discretionary rate relief of up to 100% is available to any business in a qualifying rural settlement (rateable value no more than 16,500) if it is determined that the business is of benefit to the community and that it is in the interests of the council taxpayers to fund the relief.
To apply for this relief please email email@example.com
Community amateur sports clubs (CASC) relief
Sports clubs who have registered with the Inland Revenue as a Community Amateur Sports Club qualify for rate relief of 80%. To apply for this relief please email firstname.lastname@example.org