Which bin to use
- Blue Box/Blue Bin – for glass bottles and jars, cans and plastics.
- White Sack/Grey Bin – for cardboard and paper.
- Brown Bin – for garden waste (only if your subscribe for this service).
- Claret Bin – for anything that cannot be recycled.
What can be recycled
- Plastics – this includes yoghurt pots and shampoo bottles.
- Glass bottles and jars – this includes perfume bottles and other cosmetics containers that are made of glass. Please take other types of glass such as sheet glass, Pyrex and drinking glasses to a household waste recycling centre and disposed of in the hardcore skip.
- Cans – food and drink cans, aerosols and clean tinfoil.
- Garden Waste (chargeable service) – we can collect the following garden waste: grass cuttings, plants, flowers, prunings, twigs and small branches. NO soil, stones, rubble, animal bedding, food or kitchen waste or any plastic bags.
For more information regarding recycling and household waste and recycling centres, visit Lancashire County Council’s webpages – Lancashire Recycles.
We offer a bulky item collection service (chargable) for unwanted household items such as; televisions, fridges, settees. There is more information about Bulky Collection Service here.