What to put where
- Blue Box/Blue Bin – for glass bottles and jars, cans and plastics.
- White Sack/Grey Bin – for cardboard and paper.
- Brown Bin – for garden waste if your subscribe for this service
- Claret Bin – for anything that cannot be recycled.
What can be recycled
- Plastics – don’t forget to include yogurt pots and shampoo bottles.
- Glass bottles and jars – don’t forget to include perfume bottles and other cosmetics containers that are made of glass. Other types of glass such as sheet glass, Pyrex and drinking glasses should be taken to a household waste recycling centre and disposed of in the hardcore skip.
- Cans – food and drink cans, aerosols and clean tinfoil.
- Garden Waste (chargeable service) – we can collect the following garden waste; grass cuttings, plants, flowers, prunings, twigs and small branches. NO soil, stones, rubble, animal bedding, food or kitchen waste or any plastic bags.
For more information regarding recycling and household waste and recycling centres, visit Lancashire County Council’s webpages – Lancashire Recycles.
We offer a bulky item collection service (chargable) for unwanted household items such as; televisions, fridges, settees. There is more information about Bulky Collection Service here.