There are no limits on the numbers of mourners allowed to attend funeral services.
However, it is important to take steps to protect yourself and others from Covid19. This is particularly true for funerals, where the risk of Covid-19 may be higher due to the attendance of people who have a legal examption to attend during self-isolation or quarantine.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 (a new continuous cough (a high temperature or change in normal sense of taste or smell), you should not attend a funeral service unless an exemption applies.
For further information on these exemptions click here
For mourners who need or wish to maintain social distance, individual seats are available.
The Bereavement Service forms part of the Green Spaces and Amenities Service Unit.
We aim to provide a well organised and dignified burial and cremation service by responding promptly and sensitively to the needs of the bereaved, and by striving to meet the following:
- Provide a service in accordance with the ICCM Charter for the Bereaved
- Ensure that the service meets the needs of all faiths and religions and is responsive to the needs of every individual
- Maintain a safe and attractive environment for burial and cremation
- Conduct services in accordance with statutory legislation
- Provide access to information and advice for the bereaved
- Work closely with funeral directors, memorial masons, the NHS and other organisations to ensure professionalism and high standards througout bereavement services
Contact Bereavement Services