Towneley Park is the largest park in Burnley with a total of 180 hectares of landscaped parkland surrounding Towneley Hall and Museum. It has a long history as a private estate, with much of its current landscape the result of work carried out in the late 18th Century by Charles Towneley.
The park and former family residence, Towneley Hall were purchased by Burnley Corporation in 1902 and have been in public use ever since. It is widely and affectionately known locally as “the jewel in Burnley’s crown.”
With an extensive range of events, activities and exhibitions Towneley provides something for every visitor.
There are exhibitions, woodland walks, sculpture trails, an award-winning permaculture project Offshoots, play areas, sports pitches, golf course, pitch and putt, ornamental gardens, cafe and a gift shop.
Visitors can pop in to Towneley Hall Art Gallery and Museum and view the paintings in its care.
Main entrance to Towneley Park and to the hall is off Todmorden Road, Burnley.
For more information about Towneley Hall, coming events and exhibitions, and about booking the Hall as a wedding venue, please visit www.towneley.org.uk
- 18-hole golf course
- Pitch and putt course
- Cricket Pitches
- Football Pitches
- Bowling Greens
- Offshoots Permaculture Project
- Changing places toilet
There are five pay and display car parks at Towneley Park. Please click here to see a map showing the locations.
- Short stay parking is available at the front of the Hall.
- The Riverside Car Park (long stay) is convenient for the rotunda cafe, play area, toilets and changing places toilet.
- Woodgrove car park (long stay) is located closer to the town and has a large capacity.
- Barwise car park (long stay) is accessed from Todmorden Road and is convenient for exploring the woodlands.
- Towneley Golf Club is located just off Todmorden Road and is for golfers.
Friends of Towneley Park
There is a regular volunteering group that meets every Thursday morning from 10am – 12.00 and the Friends of Towneley Park welomes volunteers.
If you wish to know more about volunteering opportunities click here for more information or click here to register