Affordable Warmth Assistance
The Affordable Warmth Grant is to deliver interventions during the winter months to Burnley residents. These interventions will be aimed at the most vulnerable on the lowest incomes and will include boiler servicing, draught proofing, floor coverings and replacement of defective windows and doors.
What help is available?
- Boiler, gas fire and heating system servicing*
- Insulation measures including draught proofing, radiator reflector panels and thermostatic control valves
- Glazing Improvements*
- Floor Coverings
To be eligible for Affordable Warmth assistance, you must:
- Own your home own*
- diagnosed cardiovascular condition
- diagnosed respiratory condition (in particular, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and childhood asthma)
- diagnosed mental health conditions
- diagnosed disabilities
- older people (65 and older)
- households with young children (up to the age of 5)
- pregnant women
- people who are terminally ill
- a suppressed immune system (e.g. from cancer treatment or HIV)
- people who have attended hospital due to a fall
Low income can be confirmed in one of the following three ways:
• Someone being in receipt of means tested benefits
• Have a total household income not in excess of £31,000
• A ‘declaration’ by the Local Authority or health / social care professional that affordability issues are present.
For an application form email email@example.com or telephone 01282 477234.
Please note that the Council will process your enquiry once the form and any proofs of eligibility have been received.
As there is limited funding available any applications will be addressed in date order.