Struggling to pay your Council Tax?

We recognise that sometimes households struggle to pay their bills, however we would urge you not to ignore the problem.  Call 01282 425011 and talk to our specialist advisors on what options you may have. Remember, the sooner you let us know, the sooner we can do something about your situation and give you more peace of mind.

If you are on low income or state benefits you may qualify for Council Tax Support, which will reduce the amount you have to pay. Find out more about Council Tax Support.

You may be eligible to certain discounts or exemptions; lists of available reductions can be viewed in the Council Tax information pages of this website. 

If you are struggling to pay due to exceptional or unforeseen circumstances then you may be able to get a reduction in the amount you pay through the Council Tax discretionary relief policy.

Further help and advise can be sought free of charge from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or the StepChange Debt Charity.

You may also wish to approach the following agencies for help and professional advice:

National Debtline – a helpline that provides free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.  

The Law Society represents solicitors in England & Wales – their website provides a search facility to locate a solicitor with a chosen specialism in your area.