Taxi and private hire

Burnley Borough Council are responsible for the licensing of the following within the borough:

  • Private hire drivers
  • Private Hire operators
  • Private hire vehicles
  • Hackney carriage drivers
  • Hackney carriage vehicles

If you wish to work in the taxi trade in Burnley you will need to obtain a licence from us.

Further information is available on the page dedicated to each licence type, which can be selected from the options to the right and also in the Taxi policy document below

All driver and PH operator applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to prove the right to do so.