Online licensing

The EU Services Directive allows you to apply and pay online for a variety of licences and permits.

It aims to break down barriers to cross border trade in services between countries in the EU. It makes it easier for service providers, particularly small and medium sized enterprises, to offer their services to customers in other EU countries, whether establishing elsewhere in the EU or providing services remotely from the UK. 

Apply for Licences online

  • Licences available for online application are listed below
  • Please contact us if you have not received e-mail confirmation from us within 5 working days of submitting your application
  • Please note that your application will only be processed once all the required documentation is received

Disclaimer: When applying for a licence online, you will be directed to a third party website to complete the application forms. This website and all applicable forms on that website have been provided and are the responsibility of the third party. Burnley Borough Council cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or other problems arising from the use of this website and applicable forms.

Personal Licence

The sale or supply of alcohol must be carried out or authorised by the holder of a personal licence in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003. A Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) must hold a personal licence.

Scrap Metal Registration

To be a scrap metal dealer, you need to register with your local authority.